Susan G. Komen® Austin is an Austin-based non-profit committed to saving lives locally and fighting breast cancer globally. One in 8 women and 1 in 1000 men will develop breast cancer in their lifetime. Komen’s mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. We are the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit outside of the Federal Government. Our bold goal is to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by the year 2026. Since 1999, Komen Austin has invested over $11.7 Million into breast health services and educational efforts in the five-county area we serve…Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson Counties. 75% of all funds raised are invested into local community healthcare grants and stay in these communities to save lives locally. The remaining 25% funds global research studies to find cures for breast cancer. Since 1999 Komen Austin has invested $5.4 Million towards global research efforts. We are the only local breast cancer organization that is fighting breast cancer on ALL fronts. Komen Austin provides assistance to those with the fewest resources; the uninsured, underinsured and low-income women and men without the resources or capacity to access care. Their needs can be as simple as finding a low-cost screening or as complicated as support during years of surgery, drug treatments and therapies for aggressive and metastatic breast cancer.
If you wish to donate directly to the Susan G. Komen Austin please click here: Komen Austin Donation. We sincerely thank you for your support!
Westbank Dry Cleaning has had a tradition of helping charities in the Austin area for all of our 25 years. This Season we have aptly named it our “Fall for Charity” promotion to highlight all that we do year round in kind (dry cleaning, laundry donation of clothing) for other charities in the Austin area. We sincerely thank you, our customers, for your help and for allowing us to serve and help our community in return.